R O M A N I A
THE GOVERNMENT OF ROMANIA
NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
Coat of Arms of Romania
DECISION no. 52 of 05.11.2020
on the establishment of additional measures to be applied to prevent and combat the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic
Considering the epidemiological evolution on the Romanian territory until 05.11.2020,
taking into account the increase in the number of infected people nationally, as well as the daily increase in the number of new confirmed cases, poor implementation of prevention measures, organization of private events, intense interaction and mobility of people, aspects that generate constant pressure on management capacity of the administrative-territorial units and of the sanitary system,
in accordance with the provisions of Art. 4 paragraph (1) letter c) and d) and of Art. 81 of GEO. no. 21/2004 on the National Emergency Management System, with subsequent amendments and completions,
pursuant to the provisions of art. 4 and art. 11 paragraph (1) of Law no. 136/2020 republished, regarding the establishment of measures in the field of public health in situations of epidemiological and biological risk, art. 9 paragraph 1, art. 32 paragraph 2, art. 37, art. 41, art. 42 paragraph 1, art. 43 paragraph 1, art. 44 paragraph 2 and 3, art. 45 paragraph 1 and art. 71 of Law no. 55/2020 on some measures to prevent and combat the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, of art. 20 letter l) of the Government Emergency Ordinance no. 21/2004 on the National Emergency Management System, approved with amendments and completions by Law no. 15/2005, with the subsequent amendments and completions, and of art. 2 and art. 4 of the Government Decision no. 94/2014 on the organization, functioning and members of the National Committee for Special Emergency Situations
The National Committee for Emergency Situations hereby adopts this
Art. 1 Starting with the date of this decision, in Romania, it is proposed to establish the obligation to wear a protective mask, so as to cover the nose and mouth, at national level, for all persons who have reached the age of 5, in all open and closed public spaces, regardless of the value of the cumulative incidence rate of cases in the last 14 days.
Art. 2 In order to avoid the congestion of public transport, it is proposed that all public institutions, as well as all public or private economic operators have the obligation to organize the activity and carry out the work schedule in telework conditions or work at home, and where the specificity of the activity does not allow this, to organize the work schedule so that the staff is divided into at least two groups to start, respectively to finish the activity at a difference of at least 2 hours. The observance of the application of this measure is followed by the prefects and by the Labour Inspectorate.
Art. 3 In order to prevent the spread of SARS-VOC-2 infections, it is proposed that, in all localities, teaching activities that require the physical presence of ante-preschoolers, preschoolers and students in schools to be carried out online.
Art. 4 – (1) In all localities in Romania, it is proposed to ban the travelling of persons outside the home / household between 11.00 PM – 05.00 AM.
(2) By way of exception from the provisions of paragraph (1), the travelling of persons outside the home is allowed between 11.00 PM and 05.00 AM for the following reasons:
- travel for professional purposes, including between home/household and the place(s) where the professional activity is carried out and back;
- travel for medical care that cannot be postponed or performed remotely, as well as for the purchase of medicines;
- travel outside the localities of persons who are in transit or make journeys whose time interval overlaps with the prohibition period such as those made by plane, train, coach or other means of passenger transport and which can be proved by ticket or any other way of paying for the trip;
- travel for justified reasons, such as caring for / accompanying the child, assisting the elderly, sick or disabled or the death of a family member.
Art. 5 (1) In order to verify the reason for the trip for professional purposes, the persons are obliged to present, upon the request of the staff of the competent authorities, the service card, the employment certificate issued by the employer or an affidavit;
(2) In order to verify the reason for travelling for personal purposes, the persons are obliged to present, upon the request of the staff of the competent authorities, an affidavit, filled up in advance;
(3) The affidavit must include the name and surname, date of birth, address of the home / household / location where the professional activity is carried out, reason for travel, date of its filling in and signature.
Art. 6 It is proposed to prohibit the holding of meetings on holidays, birthdays, parties in closed and/or open spaces, public and/or private.
Art. 7 (1) It is proposed to suspend the activity of agro-food markets in closed spaces, fairs, marts, mixed and peasant markets and flea markets, defined according to art. 7 paragraph (1) of the Government Decision no. 348/2004 on the exercise of trade of market goods and services in some public areas, as subsequently amended and supplemented.
(2) The activity of agro-food markets that can be organized in open public areas is allowed, in compliance with the norms of sanitary protection.
Art. 8 It is proposed that, for outdoor spaces where the preparation, serving and consumption of food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are carried out, which have been arranged and can be assimilated to closed public spaces, as they are defined in the Law for the prevention and control of the effects of the consumption of tobacco products no. 349/2002, with the subsequent amendments and completions, the rules and measures of sanitary protection, provided in annex no. 3, art. 6 points 1 and 2 of the Government Decision no. 856/2020 on the extension of the alert status on the Romanian territory starting with October 15th, 2020, are similarly applicable to them too, as well as the establishment of the measures applied during it to prevent and combat the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Art. 9 It is proposed to establish the obligation for economic operators carrying out trade activities/service deliveries in closed and/or open spaces, public and/or private to organize and carry out their activity between 05.00 AM – 09.00 PM.
(2) By way of exception from the provisions of paragraph (1), in the time interval 09.00 PM – 05.00 AM, the economic operators can activate only in the relation with the economic operators with home delivery activity.
(3) By way of exception from the provisions of paragraph (1), the pharmaceutical units, petrol stations and economic operators with home delivery activity may carry out their activity in normal working conditions, in compliance with the health protection norms.
Art. 10 It is proposed that the implementation of the measures provided for in this decision be carried out over a period of 30 days, following that at the end of it, depending on the evolution of the epidemiological situation, to be decided, as appropriate, to maintain, eliminate or modify them.
Art. 11 This decision is communicated to all components of the National Emergency Management System, for implementation by order and administrative acts of their managers.
PRESIDENT OF THE NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS